Monday, September 12, 2011

Guess Who's Back? Back Again =)

Hello fellow readers, I am back and better than ever. Some things have changed… I am now a married woman and am working hard at assuming my wifely duties. (Not really sure what those duties are in this day of age) but I am trying. Other than that I am still working on pursing my career and finding myself professionally. Till I figure it all out I am continuing to cook and bake whenever I feel awfully inspired. I am back, but probably not as aggressive as last time. I will post when I feel I made something exceptional or at least semi-edible… =) Below is a recipe of a Cauliflower Quiche that called for Ham, but I kept it kosher and left out the ham and just added a bit more Cauliflower. It’s fluffy and moist and very filling.

___________________________________________________
Cauliflower Quiche

Ingredients:

1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bit-size florets (less stems)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups chopped white onion
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups half and half
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces grated cheese, about 1 cup (Either swiss, Gruyere, cheeder or a pizza cheese mix).

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

1. Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook until very crisp tender, about 1 minute. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water. Shake off excess liquid.

2. Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet (frying pan). Add the chopped white onion and fry them till they are lightly brown, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Take a large bowl and add the cauliflower, fried onion and parsley and toss together. Put it to the side.

4. Brush a 6 inch glass or ceramic pie pan with the soft butter and evenly sprinkle the bottom of the glass/pan with the grated Parmesan cheese.
5. In a large bowl, wish together the half-and-half, eggs, egg yolks, and flour. Season the custard with salt and pepper to taste.

6. Spread half the cauliflower mixture evenly in the pan, top with about half the cheese. Repeat with the remaining filling and cheese. Pour the custard over the fillings.

7. Bake until the quiche is just set in the center, about 45 minutes (give or take a few minutes). Cool before serving.

8. Eat UP =D

No comments:

Post a Comment